Project Name: Baxter Phase 1 Refurbishment
Contract Value: €1.8 million
Location: Castlebar, Co Mayo
Client: Baxter Healthcare
Architect: Taylor Architects
Thisproject consisted of the refurbishment and upgrade of the existing 6000m² building adjacent to the existing Baxter Healthcare Facility in Castlebar. The existing building was selected to become a warehouse facility to support the ongoing operations of the Baxter Healthcare Facility in Castlebar. The project objective was to convert the existing vacant building into a fully functioning temperature-controlled materials warehouse. The new warehouse comprises the following facilities:
- Secure storage area with pallet racking
- Unloading lobby with lorry docking facilities
- Offices for warehouse staff including new Curtain Walling / External Claddingand new Toilet Block facilities.
- Bunded area for storage of liquid
- Grade D cleanroom facility for Sampling & Dispensing materials comprising Kingspan Walls & Ceilings including HVAC System.
- Forklift ramp with integrated airlock at interface between the two adjoining buildings
- Janitorial facility for storage & battery charging of floor cleaners.
- New Stainless Steel Process Drainage connections to existing drainage network
- New Data Centre including new Steel Structure Mezzanine
- New roof access stairs
- New Temperature Controlled Warehouse Ventilation System